The course is intended for Physicians, Registered Nurses, and Registered Midwives who have intrapartum care experience and have previously completed the Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance Workshop.
Monday, September 25th, 2023
Hanover & District Hospital
90 7th Avenue
90 7th Avenue
Friday, September 8th, 2023
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe various methods of intrapartum fetal assessment with emphasis on intermittent auscultation and electronic fetal monitoring.
- Explain maternal-fetal physiology and pathophysiology.
- Discuss the clinical management of fetal heart rate interpretation.
- Identify strategies to mitigate risks through improved interdisciplinary communication, collaboration and management.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-685-8500 ext 65859 during regular business hours.
All prices in Canadian dollars
FHS Fundamentals Refresher Course
FHS Pocket Reference Cards (NEW)
Set of 13 laminated pocket-size reference cards for Fetal Health Surveillance. These cards are a handy quick reference and include information and graphics used in the workshop.
The cost per pack of 13 cards (with attached ring) is $10. At this time, this offer is only available to workshop participants.
Reference cards will be mailed upon purchase. If you wish to make other arrangements please contact email@example.com
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review he online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual available at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual and then
Successfully complete the online exam.
- Please note: The National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase ($30) under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual.
- Download and submit the ‘Certificate of Completion’ electronically to Kendra Savage: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon. Sept. 18th, 2023.
- Attend the 4 hour in-person workshop
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.