MNCYN partner members include RNs, MDs and Midwives employed by, or affiliated with, the following hospitals:
Huron Health System - Goderich Site, Chatham Kent Health Alliance, Hanover & District Hospital, Alexandra Hospital, South Bruce-Grey Health Centre, Erie Shores Healthcare, London Health Sciences Centre, Grey Bruce Health Services, St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital, St. Mary's General Hospital (Kitchener), Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance, Middlesex Hospital Alliance (Strathroy/Newbury), Tillsonburg District Hospital, Woodstock Hospital, Norfolk General Hospital, Thunder Bay Regional Health Centre.
For the practice institutions listed above, please select "MNCYN Partner Fee" when you check out.
*If you are employed at a practice institution other than Middlesex Hospital Alliance, you will not be permitted to attend this workshop due to space limitations.
395 Carrie St.,
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe various methods of intrapartum fetal assessment with emphasis on intermittent auscultation and electronic fetal monitoring.
- Explain maternal-fetal physiology and pathophysiology.
- Discuss the clinical management of fetal heart rate interpretation.
- Identify strategies to mitigate risks through improved interdisciplinary communication, collaboration and management.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com
MNCYN Partner Fee
$100 for staff / affiliates of MNCYN partner organizations (This fee does not include the exam fee listed below)
You are a staff member if you are a RN, Midwife, or Physician affiliated with one of the partner organizations as listed above.
FHS Pocket Reference Cards (NEW)
Set of 13 laminated pocket-size reference cards for Fetal Health Surveillance. These cards are a handy quick reference and include information and graphics used in the workshop.
The cost per pack of 13 cards (with attached ring) is $10. At this time, this offer is only available to workshop participants.
Packages purchased in advance will be delivered in person by the Instructor on the day of the workshop.
12:00pm - 4:30pm
Agenda to follow
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual available at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual and then
Successfully complete the online exam.
- Please note: The National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase ($30) under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual
- Direct link to register for the exam: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-exam
- Download and submit the ‘Certificate of Completion’ electronically to Gwen Peterek: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed. June 21, 2023.
- Attend the 4 hour in-person workshop
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.