800 Commissioner's Rd. E.
Zone D, 4th Floor, Rm D4-201/203 (Neonatal Conference Room)
This program will provide an overview of the concepts and content in the 7th edition Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation (2016).
- Describe the Canadian recommendations for newborn resuscitation
- Demonstrate how to create and facilitate a NRP Performance Skill Station
- Demonstrate how to create and facilitate a NRP Integrated Skills Station
- Describe how to facilitate an effective debriefing exercise
- Describe how to use the Integrated Skills Station Assessment (ISSA) Form
- Describe opportunities to enhance learning for NRP Providers
- Describe the role of Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) in supporting NRP administration in Canada
Eligibility: (NRP Registration Guidlines Below, please download and review before registering for this course.)
MDs, RNs, RMs, RRTs; also other registered health professionals approved by their provincial / regional NRP Committee.
Participants should have relevant and ongoing experience in neonatal resuscitation.
Participants are required to have a sponsoring institution and provide a Letter of Support from the sponsoring institution that provides newborn care and will support neonatal resuscitation programming. (A sample letter of support is appended).
Successful completion of an NRP Provider Course with advanced ISSA at least 12 months prior to the Instructor Course, or at the discretion of the provincial / regional committee; AND
Successful completion of 7th edition online exam within 12 months of the instructor course
Knowledge of current updates, Canadian recommendations, and changes.
Successful completion of an NRP instructor course.
(within 6 months of course) Successfully complete the team teach requirements, which include instruction of an NRP Provider course supervised by an NRP Instructor Trainer (IT) or Instructor Trainer Delegate, as approved by the Provincial NRP Committee;AND
Register as an NRP instructor with the CPS. The registration fee for a 3-year period is $115 (plus taxes)
Essential materials (not included in course fee): (Each instructor MUST have their own copy of the following materials. It is not acceptable to borrow materials from another provider/instructor)
NRP Provider Textbook, 7th ed., AND NRP Instructor Manual can be purchased through the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) Bookstore.
Copy and paste the link in your browser: https://bookstore.cps.ca/stock/neonatal-resuscitation-program
- NRP Provider Textbook, 7th ed. (2016) $87.00
- NRP Instructor Manual, 6th ed. $82.00
- Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery
Registrants are responsible for ordering their own materials. Cost of manuals, CPS online registration exam fee, and CPS Instructor Registration Fee are NOT included in the course fee.
New Instructors will need to purchase and complete the 7th edition exam as a “self-registrant” within 30 days prior to taking their Instructor course. If you have completed the 7th edition exam as a provider within 12 months of your course, you will not need to re- take the 7th edition exam.
More information re Instructor Resources can be found on the CPS website at http://www.cps.ca/en/nrp-prn/instructor-resources
For those requiring overnight accommodations, we recommend choosing one of the following:
- Best Western Lamplighter Inn, Wellington Road South, London, which is located within walking distance from the hospital. Guest rooms have not been reserved for this event. For Reservations, please call 1-888-232-6747, or go to www.lamplighterinn.ca
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, located at 774 Baseline Road East, London N6C 2R6 (around the corner from LHSC). To get the preferred rate, when booking, please request the "Hospital Compassionate" rate.
Link to hotel website: https://www.countryinns.com/london-hotel-on-n6c2r6/onlonso
PLEASE ATTACH WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FORM:
A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT NRP PROVIDER CARD
A SIGNED LETTER OF SUPPORT FROM YOUR ORGANIZATION*
*(download sample below)
PROOF OF SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE 7TH EDITION EXAM
IF NOT PAYING BY CREDIT CARD, ATTACH YOUR CHEQUE, PAYABLE TO:
Lawson Health Research Institute
Registrations will NOT be accepted until ALL of the above documents are received by the organizers.
Registration fee is refundable within 14 days of the workshop date. A $25 cancellation administration fee will be applied.