395 Carrie St.
Board Room, main level
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the current guidelines on intrapartum fetal health surveillance
- Review and practice the techniques of FHR auscultation and EFM
- Interpret FHR characteristics from both auscultation and EFM
- Integrate the concepts of acid-base balance and the interpretation of fetal blood gas values in FHR interpretation
- Identify important principles of verbal communication and written documentation
- Outline supportive and corrective interventions for various FHR findings
Lunch is included in the workshop fee. Please indicate any dietary restrictions when you check out.
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-685-8500 ext 65859 during regular business hours.
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual available at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual and then
Successfully complete the online exam.
- Please note: The National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase ($30) under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual.
- Download and submit the ‘Certificate of Completion’ electronically to Sheila Johnston: email@example.com by Fri. Sep 20, 2019.
- Attend the 8 hour in-person workshop
*ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ASKED TO SHOW THEIR EMPLOYEE IDENTIFICATION ON ARRIVAL TO CONFIRM THEIR HOSPITAL AFFILIATION.
**Space is limited for this event and priority will be given to the host hospital. If you are not staff of Strathroy Hospital, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com to inquire.
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.