46 General Hospital Dr.
Room E1-609 A&B
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the current guidelines on intrapartum fetal health surveillance
- Review and practice the techniques of FHR auscultation and EFM
- Interpret FHR characteristics from both auscultation and EFM
- Integrate the concepts of acid-base balance and the interpretation of fetal blood gas values in FHR interpretation
- Identify important principles of verbal communication and written documentation
- Outline supportive and corrective interventions for various FHR findings
Lunch is included in the workshop fee. Please indicate any dietary restrictions when you check out.
For support or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 519-685-8500 ext 65859 during regular business hours.
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review of the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual available at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual and then
Successfully complete the online exam.
- Please note: The National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase ($30) under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual.
- Download and submit the ‘Certificate of Completion’ electronically to Sheila Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org by Fri. June 14, 2019.
- Attend the 8 hour in-person workshop
*ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ASKED TO SHOW THEIR EMPLOYEE IDENTIFICATION ON ARRIVAL TO CONFIRM THEIR HOSPITAL AFFILIATION.
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.