591 Wellington Road South
The ACoRN Program
Designed for any practitioner who may be called upon to care for at-risk babies and their families, regardless of experience or training in neonatal emergencies. Of particular benefit to:
- Residents / Fellows
Multidisciplinary participation of all disciplines will attend all skill stations to learn the skills necessary to perform a procedure, or to assist the physician during a procedure.
Provides a systematic approach to the identification and management of babies requiring stabilization.
Foundation for an educational program that aims to teach the concepts and basic skills of neonatal stabilization and where necessary, preparation for transport to a referral facility.
- ACoRN process applies to babies, post delivery room resuscitation, who need assistance in the transition from fetal life, and babies who become unwell or are at risk of becoming unwell in the first few hours after birth.
- Basic review of the ACoRN process in an interactive format, using case scenarios and small group discussion.
Focus on skill stations and specific cases to integrate the ACoRN sequences into practice. Participants will rotate through each of the skill stations, including:
- Chest tube insertion & emergency evacuation of pneumothoraces
- Umbilical Venous line insertion
- Intra osseous needle insertion
- X-ray interpretation
- Admitting the Baby (*Includes case based Megacode-style format)
All participants MUST be certified as NRP providers.
Phone: 519-685-8500 x 65859
If you require overnight accommodations we recommend reserving a room at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre. When booking please indicate that you are attedning an event and ask for the corporate rate. Rates start at t $129 per night.To reserve your room call 1-888-232-6747.
- A copy of the suggested reading list is attached, as well as two self-tests. In order to get the most out of this workshop, it is recommended that, at a minimum, you should review the suggested chapters prior to attending the workshop, as it will be expected that you have done so. The self-tests are designed to enable participants to assess whether they have understook the ACoRN framework and can apply it in a case situation.
- Textbooks will be sent by courier within a week of registration. It will be sent to the shipping address you indicated on your registration form. Please be sure to include a phone number, as required by the courier service. If more than one person is registered at the same site, we reserve the right to arrange shipping one package vs individual packages.
- The laminated sequences will be available for pick up at the workshop.
- You will be contacted a week or so prior to the workshop with a few reminders.
- Receipts will be issued automatically on payment with a credit card. For those paying by cheque or cash, receipts will be emailed on receipt of payment.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 2 weeks prior to the workshop, minus the cost of the textbook ($90) and a $25 Administration Fee.
*In lieu of cancellation, participants may wish to arrange for a substitute participant. Please be sure to contact Sheila.firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicable information.