The workshop is intended for Physicians, Registered Nurses, and Registered Midwives (or students of these disciplines) who have limited experience in obstetrical care and want to learn the fundamental concepts of fetal health surveillance.
Please Note: Online Registration is Now Closed
The registration deadline for this event was May 26, 2023.
Tuesday, June 6th, 2023
South Bruce Grey Health Centre
21 McGivern St. W.
21 McGivern St. W.
Friday, May 26th, 2023
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE. PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO WALKERTON, HANOVER AND GODERICH HOSPITAL STAFF
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the current guidelines on intrapartum fetal health surveillance
- Review and practice the techniques of FHR auscultation and EFM
- Interpret FHR characteristics from both auscultation and EFM
- Integrate the concepts of acid-base balance and the interpretation of fetal blood gas values into FHR interpretation
- Identify important principles of verbal communication and written documentation
- Outline supportive and corrective interventions for various FHR findings
Lunch is included in the workshop fee. Please indicate any dietary restrictions when you check out.
Contact & Support
For support or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All prices in Canadian dollars
MNCYN Partner Fee
$200 for staff / affiliates of MNCYN partner organizations (This fee does not include the exam fee listed below)
You are a staff member if you are a RN, Midwife, or Physician affiliated with one of the partner organizations as listed above.
$250 (excluding exam fee) for staff of non-MNCYN partner organizations. (Please check the partners listed at the top of this form to determine whether or not you qualify for the partner fee. If your organization is not listed you must choose the non-MNCYN partner fee at check out.)
FHS Pocket Reference cards
Set of 13 laminated pocket-size reference cards for Fetal Health Surveillance. These cards are a handy quick reference and include information and graphics used in the workshop.
The cost per pack of 13 cards (with attached ring) is $10.
Packages purchased in advance will be delivered in person by the Instructor on the day of the workshop.
8:30am - 4:30pm
Agenda to follow
Prior to the workshop, participants must:
- Review the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual available at https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-online-manual
Successfully complete the online exam.
- Access the exam from the menu on the left side of the screen when logged into the FHS manual, or access it through this direct link: https://ubccpd.ca/fhs-exam
- Please note: The National Fetal Health Surveillance (FHS) Online Exam is available for purchase ($30) under the Final Evaluation tab in the online Fundamentals of Fetal Health Surveillance – A Self-Learning Manual.
- Download and submit the ‘Certificate of Completion’ electronically to Gwen Peterek email@example.com by Fri. June 2, 2023
- Attend the 8 hour in-person workshop
For step-by-step instructions to register for the online manual, please see the attached document above.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ATTENDEES MUST PASS THE HOSPITAL SCREENING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS IN-PERSON WORKSHOP.
Cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.